Saturday, April 11, 2009

out of town

You're wearing board shorts, a thin t-shirt, and chacos because you can. It's actually hot outside. You're a small BMW, like the ones in James Bond, and you're driving down a busy city street with your best friend listening to ABBA. You're laughing super hard at some joke he made that usually wouldn't be funny given the situation, anything said is absolutely hilarious. Could things feel anymore perfect??

I came down to Phoenix with my best friend and boyfriend, Colin, for the weekend. We drove to Utah from Idaho on Thursday and then made the long trek to Arizona on Friday. Neither of us slept very well on Thursday night and ended up leaving before 6am, hours before we had anticipated. We switched off every two hours and let the other one sleep. It was long but we made it!!!

I slept in a soft bed in a room by myself. I took a shower this morning and took as long as I wanted and didn't have to worry about the water going cold. I didn't have to do my hair to go to school. I had a mommy made breakfast. I took a drive and could have the window down and feel the warm wind in my hair. I'm loving every minute of it. This weekend will have to sustain me through my summer semester in Rexburg.

No comments: