Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Temple Square Performance

This is an article that was written about our performance last weekend. I am in two of the pictures. I sat in front of the Basses, second in from the edge of the stage.

We played in the Gym at BYU-Idaho then in an auditorium in Twin Falls. They were great performances and the spirit was wonderful but it was nothing that would compared to our Salt Lake performance experience.

Playing at the Tabernacle was one that I will never forget. We had a three hour rehearsal in the afternoon that was taped for splicing into the DVD. During those run throughs, I felt the spirit differently that I had during the other performances. I thought about where we were. Temple Square. In the Tabernacle. Under the spires of the magnificent Salt Lake Temple. There was so much sacred history here. There is already a beautiful spirit on Temple Square. But on top of that, to play music praising God's Everlasting Love for his children in a place that was already immersed in such a spirit was almost overwhelming. I was emotional for over half the performance. More than once, our conductor got tears in his eyes as the orchestration and voices blended together and filled the Tabernacle that was filled with people who had come to share and enjoy that spirit with us.

It is hard to express what the experience was like but I hope this little paragraph gave you a glimpse. It was amazing and I will never forget it. I wish everyone could have been there. It was more beautiful than I ever would have thought.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Beautiful. Wish I could've been there. Thanks for sharing.