On the trek, there were no bugs but grasshoppers for miles. You would walk and they would clear a path for you and run into your legs and go up your dress and get stuck in your underpants - it was not pretty. We got back Sunday afternoon and that evening, dad comes into my room crying, "Naomi! Get the camera and come to the kitchen!" "Oh," I thought. "Isaac did something crazy again." So I grabbed the camera and went into the kitchen to find a grasshopper on the table! I about jumped out of my pants. There was no way that thing could have been in our stuff the whole way home. It was like my worst nightmare come true! The grasshoppers were attacking. I had grown quite a hateful passion for those little things during the trek. Isaac was very entertained by the whole thing and it now lives in his little bug cage on the kitchen counter. He brings it to my room every night and tells me with a evil grin on his face, "Naomi, he wants to sleep with you." He only does that because he loves the shriek it gets out of me.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Stowaway!!
On the trek, there were no bugs but grasshoppers for miles. You would walk and they would clear a path for you and run into your legs and go up your dress and get stuck in your underpants - it was not pretty. We got back Sunday afternoon and that evening, dad comes into my room crying, "Naomi! Get the camera and come to the kitchen!" "Oh," I thought. "Isaac did something crazy again." So I grabbed the camera and went into the kitchen to find a grasshopper on the table! I about jumped out of my pants. There was no way that thing could have been in our stuff the whole way home. It was like my worst nightmare come true! The grasshoppers were attacking. I had grown quite a hateful passion for those little things during the trek. Isaac was very entertained by the whole thing and it now lives in his little bug cage on the kitchen counter. He brings it to my room every night and tells me with a evil grin on his face, "Naomi, he wants to sleep with you." He only does that because he loves the shriek it gets out of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Naomi that is so hilarious!! Especially how Isaac teases you, typical for him.
Miss ya.
my mom found one in the dryer after we did our laundry!!!!
Don't forget to tell about the subsequent burial of the beast. It did not survive and Naomi was big enough (maybe a little more enthusiastic than she should have been) to help Isaac bury it in the backyard.
I can so see Isaac doing that! You'll have a new perspective on the pioneer problems with crickets (I think they are related to grass hoppers, aren't they?)
Post a Comment